CCA175 : Cloudera Hadoop and Spark Developer certifications tips, suggestions and feedback. (PDF link)
Check Here : Old Syllabus v/s New Syllabus
1. Preparation: I have gone through all the CCA175 Questions and practice the code provided by http://www.HadoopExam.com Thanks for your questions and code content. The content was excellent and it helped me a lot. (Especially I have gone through all the Spark Professional training module as well)
2. No. Of Questions: Generally you will get 10 questions in real exam: Topic will be coverings are Sqoop, Hive, Pyspark and Scala and avro-tools to extract schema (All questions are covered in CCA175 Certification Simulator).
3. Code Snippets: will be provided for Pyspark and Scala. You have to edit the snippets accordingly as per the problem statement.
4. Real Exam Environment: Gateway node will be accessible for execution of the problems during the exam. Keep in mind there will not be any on-screen timer available during the exam. You have to keep asking for the time left. There are three sections for each problem i.e.
5. Editor: nano, gedit are not available. So if you have to edit any code snippets, you have to use vi alone. Please make yourself familiar with vi editor if you are not.
6. Fill in blanks: You dont have to write entire code for Python and Scala for Apache Spark, generally they will ask you to do fill in the blanks.
7. Flume: Very few questions on flume.
8. Difficulty Level: If you have enough knowledge, you will feel exam is quite easy. The questions were logically easy and can be answered in the first attempt if you read the question carefully (all three sections).
9. Common mistake in Sqoop: People use connector as localhost which is wrong, you have to use full name instead of localhost (Avoid wasting your time). Use given hostname
10. Hive: Have initial knowledge of hive as well.
11. Spark: Using basic transform functions to get desired output. For instance filter according particular scenario, sorting and ranking etc.
12. Avro-tool : avro-tool to get schema of avro file. (Very nicely covered in CCA175 HadoopExam.com Simulator)
13. Big Mistake: Avoid accidently deleting your data: good practice is necessary to avoid such mistakes. (Once you delete or drop hive table, you have to create it entirely once again.) Same is instructed by www.HadoopExam.com during their videos session provided at http://cca175cloudera.training4exam.com/ (Please go through sample sessions)
14. Spark-sql: They will not ask questions based on Spark Sql learn importantly aggregate, reduce, sort.
15. Time management: It is very important, (That’s the reason you need too much practice, use CCA175 simulator to practice all the questions at least a week or two before your real exam).
16. Data sets in real exam is quite larger, hence it will take 2 to 5 mins for execution.
17. Attempts: try to attempt all questions at least 9/10, hence you must be able to score 70%.
18. File format: In most of questions there was tab delimited file to process.
19. Python or Scala: You will get a preloaded python or scala file to work with, so you don't have(Now you can choose) a choice whether you want to attempt a question via scala or pyspark. (I have gone through all the Video sessions provided by www.HadoopExam.com here
20. Connection Issue: If you got disconnected during exam, you may need to contact the proctor immediately. If he/she is not available log back into examslocal.com and use their online help.
21. Shell scripts: Have good experience to use shell scripts.
22. Question types as mentioned in syllabus : Questions were from Sqoop(import and export), Hive(table creation and dynamic partitioning), Pyspark and Scala(Joining, sorting and filtering data), avro-tools. Snippets of code will be provided for Pyspark and Scala. You have to edit the snippets accordingly as per the problem statement and can the script file(which is another file apart from snippet) to get the results.
23. Overall exam is easy, but require lot of practice to complete on time and for accurate solutions of the problem. Hence go through the all below material for CCA175 (It will not take more than a month, if you are new and already know the Spark and Hadoop then 2-3 weeks are good enough.
xxx Cloudera CCA175 (As per New Syllabus) Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification material : Total 96 Solved scenarios which includes in depth complex scenarios solved for Sqoop, flume, HDFS, Spark Join, Spark filter , Spar SQL, Spark Application Configurations, regular expressions, both Scala and Python based questions and many more. Its a performance based exam to do hands-on task on CDH5 (Complemenatry Selected videos will be provided to help with this. Practice and Sample Problem with its solutions will be provided in HadoopExam Simulator only (Check Below Video to understand more). In real exam you will be asked many problems which can be solved mixing the components e.g. Hive and Sqoop , flume and HIve, Spark and Hive etc. We have added complex scenerio as well as step by step solutions. This problem scnerios not only helps for CCA175 exam, but also it will help in your real life BigData problems, Hence solve these scenarios and become BigData experts, with HandsOn. Once you complete all 96 problem scenarios your own, you will be ready to clear real CCA175 exam. This is the most demanding certification among the Hadoop Developer on HadoopExam.com. (Old syllabus questions have been removed and updated as per new syllabus)
Tips and Tricks for CCA175 Certification exam (web or pdf)
As CCA175 Certification Required Hadoop and Spark Knowledge (So the best suitable package is below, which Includes Spark Training and Hadoop Training as well CCA175 Simulator (50%+25% off) PACKCCA175HDPSPRKTRN33
All popular products for Hadoop eco-system are combined and created packaged solution, used by learners with (50% + Additional 25% off) : Limited Time offer
Total Price : $1362/62000INR --> more than 50% off --> $681/30998 --> Additional 25% Discount --> $510/23248INR
(50%+25% off) PACK8HDPSPRKCCA175159DE5757777
Required Skills for CCA175
The skills to transfer data between external systems and your cluster. This includes the following:
Convert a set of data values in a given format stored in HDFS into new data values or a new data format and write them into HDFS.
Use Spark SQL to interact with the metastore pro-grammatically in your applications. Generate reports by using queries against loaded data.
This is a practical exam and the candidate should be familiar with all aspects of generating a result, not just writing code.
Features of the CCA 175 (Cloudera Hadoop and Spark Developer certification)
1. Entire syllabus will be covered.
2. All questions are scenerio based and step by step solutions will be given
3. Same will be executed by our exper technical team and complimentary selected recorded videos will be shared here.
4. Almost all scenerios will be covered for real exams.
5. Any future updates will be free on single and same machine.
6. Solutions are already executed on Cloudera CDH, hence same can be used for real exam.
7. Our expert regularly update the simulator.
8. It will help you gain confidence and reduce study time.
9. Always updated and correct/incorrect way of solutions explanation YYY
Note : This product is tested only on Windows Operating System. IOS users are using this Wine to run exe.
* Please read faq section carefully
Dont Forget to Check Hadoop Package Deal : Read More
Click Below to visit other products as well for Hadoop
Click to View What Learners Say about us : Testimonials
We have training subscriber from TCS, IBM, INFOSYS, ACCENTURE, APPLE, HEWITT, Oracle , NetApp , Capgemini etc.
Books on Spark or PDF to read : Machine Learning with Spark, Fast Data Processing with Spark (Second edition), Mastering Apache Spark, Learning Hadoop 2, Learning Real-time Processing with Spark Streaming, Apache Spark in Action, Apache Spark CookBook, Learning Spark, Advanced Analytics with Spark Download.