As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Multi Cloud Services are focused on supporting clients on their cloud journey across any platform to achieve their business goals. It encompasses Cloud Advisory, Architecture, Cloud Native Development, Application Portfolio Migration, Modernization, and Rationalization as well as Cloud Operations.
- Multi Cloud Services supports all public/private/hybrid Cloud deployments:
- IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud/Red Hat/AWS/ Azure/Google and client private environments.
- Multi Cloud Services has the best Cloud developer architect Complex SI, Sys Ops and delivery talent delivered through our GEO CIC Factory model.
As a member of our Multi Cloud Migration Practice you will be responsible for defining and implementing application cloud migration, modernisation and rationalisation solutions for clients across all sectors. You will support mobilisation and help to lead the quality of our programmes and services, liaise with clients and provide consulting services including:
- Create cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
- Assist in creating and executing of migration run books
- Evaluate source cloud (PhysicalÂ¨ Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
- Bring together and define migration requirements.
- Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
You will work with clients to define and create solutions for application cloud migration modernization and rationalisation and have the experience as detailed in the Expertise section.
A day in the role will include...
- Managing initiatives for migration and modernization in Multi Cloud environment.
- Bringing your expertise to develop applications and moving them to Cloud platform.
What you will do
Lead definition and realization of integration architecture for cloud modernization solutions.
Evaluate product / technologies for Hybrid integration and make implementation decisions.
Define Integration testing approach & technologies.
Experienced in full lifecycle of application development with focus on application integration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12+ to 15 years of overall IT experience with 3+ years of relevant experience in IBM Cloud
- Lead definition and realization of architecture for omnichannel systems of engagement.
- Expert in Unix technologies like Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, scripting technologies like Java Script, CSS, integration with backend APIs and Microservices, products / frameworks like IBM MobileFirst
- Expert in Cloud native development and containers. Familiar with Kubernetes / Mesos, Serverless.
- Experienced in solution and delivery of Unix applications
- Proven experience of Designing and building Cloud solution architecture,
- Manage implementation of Cloud solution architecture
- Hands on experience of Microservices, Containerization, Docker Components and Orchestration using Swarm/Kubernetes, Architecting Scalable Commerce Workloads using Microservices
- Hands on experience in App Modernization and API development
- Proven experience in Migrating applications
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Role Category: System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role: Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent