If you really want to work on the BigData project and on always active framework then i think Hadoop is on of the best choice. You have already chosen this book it means, you have already started your journey.
Hadoop is in the Industry as of 2019-20 and already completed more than a decade, it is still highly active product and many investment banks, Healthcare IT companies, Giant retail chains, travel, entertainment and gaming companies are using Hadoop framework in production. Myself attended many interviews across this industry in India in city like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
There are many companies which are trying to compete with the Hadoop framework using their own custom product and but still Hadoop wins the race. And another open source framework like Apache Spark , AWS, Azure, Google Cloud trying to compete using their cloud based solutions. But Hadoop wins in the many places. And prove itself that not all the components can be replaced from Hadoop ecosystem. Even they start relying on the Hadoop eco-system components like Hive, Pig, HDFS and HBase few are the examples. If you go for enterprise solution like Cloudera and Hortonworks then they are no doubt superb.
Hadoop framework mainly has two sub-framework as of its core engine.
- Catalyst Optimizer : Check Module-2 on HadoopExam.com , this is a Spark Own extensible optimizer. Where you can add your own optimizer as well.
- Project Tungsten : Check Module-3 : This is the project where Spark has done lot of things so that it can use the CPU caches like L1, L2 and L3. In these module, we have explained all the detail in depth.
- BigData Data Warehouse solution : Apache Hive
- BigData Data Pipeline solution : Using Apache Pig
- Cloudera Inc
- Hortonworks Inc
- MapR Inc
- CCA 175 : Cloudera® Hadoop & Spark Developer : 95 Solved Scenarios
- CCA159: Cloudera® Data Analyst Certification : 73 Solved Scenarios
- CCA131 : Cloudera Hadoop Administrator Certification : 92 Solved Scenarios
- CCP:DE 575 : Cloudera Hadoop Data Engineer : 79 Solved Scenarios
- Training : CDH : Cloudera Hadoop Admin Beginner Course-1 : 30 Training Modules
- Hadoop Professional Training
- HBase Professional Training
- Hadoop Package Deal